Some factors in the current market situation for wild furs:
1) Weather: Cold weather in Russia helps improve movement of raccoon garments.
2) Weather: Cold weather in China will help move the large volume of mink skins.
3) Copenhagen Auction Results in September: Steady or increasing mink prices could represent a stabilization in the fur market versus uncertainty if there are downward prices.
4) China import practices: How will China adjust to the higher taxes for importing and will China have security in the new methods of clearing goods.
5) 2014 – 2015 Ranch Fur Production: How will the already saturated fur market consume the coming season’s new production.
6) Russia – Ukraine: Will the Russian – Ukrainian standoff cause consumers in these regions to be hesitant to spend money.